***This is a programme of 7 workshops for people who can crochet. Booking is essential. If you want to learn to crochet then contact Vicky about crochet courses as this is not suitable if you cant already crochet***
Can you help Crochet the Bristol Crocodile?
The Bristol Crocodile Project will complete a life-size model of a crocodile with inspiration drawn from the patterns found on the City Dockside and Underfall Yard, celebrating the industrial past of Bristol. The Crochet skin will be sewn around a model of the crocodile. The crocodile and coat have been designed by Vicky Harrison of Paper Village, Briswool and Woolly Wonderland
A number of workshops are being offered to people who can crochet to help make pieces of his skin, fins etc. Vicky is designing several patterns inspired by patterns in Underfall Yard. The wool will be provided as he will be made of a specific selection of yarns
- Sunday 14th May 10.30-1pm for Southbank Arts Trail( Paper Village 200 North Street Bristol, BS3 1JF)
- Tuesday 30th May 7-9pm (Paper Village as above)
- Sunday 11th June 10.30-1.30 (M Shed studios overlooking the docks, M Shed, Princes Wharf BS1 4 RN )
- Friday 23rd June 10am – 1pm (Pattern/Education Room at Underfall Yard on dockside) Cumberland Rd, Bristol BS1 6XG – please meet outside the Visitor Centre by the side entrance into the pump room)
- Saturday 24th June 2.30-4.30 (Paper Village as above)
- Sunday 23rd July 1.30 – 4.30pm (Pattern/Education Room at Underfall Yard- details as above to meet)
- Friday 28th July 9.30-12 midday – S.S Great Britain Café on the dockside Great Western Dockyard, Gas Ferry Rd, Bristol BS1 6TY
You must be able to crochet to take part in this programme . Please bring along a 3.25 mm hook . This is really important and can be purchased in Paper Village. All yarn is provided but we are requesting a £2.50 donation towards the project from all participants for each workshop. Or you can pay £15 at the start and attend all 7 workshops.
You will need to provide your own refreshments. There is a café in all dockside venues or bring your own.
The workshops will vary a bit according to the patterns Vicky has. There are simple patterns and more complicated ones and Vicky will teach one of each or more at each session
Contact Vic.email@example.com or pop into Paper Village at 200 North Street BS3 1JF. If you want to attend more than one workshop you will need to pay in advance otherwise you can donate on the day.