Every Saturday at approximately 2.00pm – join us to see the 1907 hydraulic pumps in action.
The three electric hydraulic pumps were installed in 1907. The pumps pressurise water to 750psi (52 bar) and powered an entire network through underground pipes running around the harbour. The pumps were decommissioned in 2010. Supported by the AIM Biffa Award National Heritage Landmark Partnership Scheme, we regularly demonstrate the pumps.
[Pump demonstrations may be cancelled at short notice subject to volunteer availability and successful safety checks.]