VOLUNTEER AT THE YARD
We are seeking friendly, enthusiastic and dedicated volunteers to join our growing team. Joining our team is a great chance to make a real difference with a local charity and benefit from:
- Induction and training. Training opportunities for volunteers include areas such as tour guiding, hydraulic pump operations and our education programme.
- New skills and knowledge related to Underfall Yard and Bristol Harbour.
- Meeting new people and being part of a friendly team.
- Travel expenses and discounts in Pickle at Underfall Yard
When responding to our 2016 Volunteer Survey, one of our volunteers told us that:
The sense of community is amazing; the staff make you feel so welcome in the yard, and everyone is so lovely and friendly, and all of the volunteers are so sweet, and great to work with. It is a brilliant opportunity to learn about the history of Bristol, I definitely see Bristol in a new light and feel more connected to the city.
THE ROLES WE CURRENTLY HAVE AVAILABLE ARE:
- Visitor Centre Volunteer (regular) – Can you offer 3 1/2 hours a week to welcome visitors and share your enthusiasm? We are particularly interested in hearing from people who are available on Sundays.
- Visitor Centre Volunteer (occasional) – Would you like a more flexible approach to volunteering? “Occasional” volunteers can sign up to sessions using our online rota.
- Workshop Volunteer – Looking for engineering, machinery and “hands-on” experience? We are particularly interested in hearing from individuals with experience of working on historic machinery.
- Hydraulic Pump Operator – Interested in learning how to run the 1907 hydraulic pumps? Although previous experience of operating hydraulic pumps is not necessary, we are particularly interested in hearing from individuals with experience in engineering, machinery and “hands-on” experience.
- Education Volunteer – Are you passionate about education and engagement? Help us to develop and deliver our adult learning, youth engagement and schools programmes.
To express your interest in volunteering, please complete a Volunteer Registration Form and return to:
Sarah Murray, Community, Learning and Volunteering Officer, email: email@example.com. If you have a recent CV please also attach this to your email. An informal interview will be arranged.